Buckled Floor? Call us ASAP!
What Causes Hardwood Floors to Buckle?
Floor buckling is the most extreme reaction to moisture in a hardwood floor. Buckling occurs when the wood flooring pulls up from the subfloor, lifting several inches in one or more places. Fortunately, this is not a common occurrence.
If caught early, spot repair and replacement may be possible. Once the standing water is removed, several boards can be taken up from the floor so that the air can circulate across and below the floor. When the floor has dried to a more stable moisture level, repairs can usually be made.
What can SERVPRO of Horry and Georgetown do?
- Set up floor protection, drying mats and drying equipment
- Wear PPE
- Clean all affected areas
- Content Manipulation, full Pack out and Storage
- Removal of buckled floorboards
Additionally, our upcoming Reconstruction Division will be able to replace the flooring for you, professionally. Call SERVPRO of Horry and Georgetown today at 843-236-6278!
Knowledge is Power - Thunderstorms
Knowledge is invaluable when disaster strikes. Having a plan in place can keep us safe.
Here our some tips from the American Red Cross concerning Thunderstorms:
Severe thunderstorms produce hail with a diameter of at least 1 inch or wind gusts of at least 58 mph. Lightning produced by thunderstorms kill more people each year than tornadoes or hurricanes. Widespread power outages caused by high winds which damage homes, blow down trees and utility poles. Flash flooding can be caused by heavy rains during thunderstorms.
What’s the Difference? Storm Watch vs. Storm Warning
A severe storm watch is when there is a possibility for severe thunderstorms in and near the watch area. It is advised to remain informed and ready to act in the event of a severe thunderstorm warning is issued.
A severe thunderstorm warning is when there has been reports of severe weather by spotters or radar. Warnings indicate an imminent danger to life and property.
People are seriously injured or killed by severe thunderstorms every year despite advance warning. While some may not be informed on such warnings, there are those who hear the warning but do not heed to it; therefore, it is vital to stay engaged and have a plan in place in the event of a severe thunderstorm and if evacuation is necessary. The information in this section, combined with timely watches and warnings about severe weather, may help save lives.
For more information about storms visit the National Weather Service.
If you need us in the event there is property damage, feel free to reach out at 843-236-6278. We are available 24 hours a days, 7 days a week, 365 days out of the year, "Like it never even happened."
Here to Help YOU
SERVPRO Certified Cleaning
This pandemic has caused fear and worry among our community members and you may be thinking to yourself “How can I keep my exposure minimal?” or “How do I combat this virus before it enters my home?” SERVPRO can help you in being proactive! We have several levels of proactive cleaning services that we offer to our customers year round that can help minimize exposure by thoroughly disinfecting businesses and homes. As a company, we follow CDC guidelines when performing these services. All our employees are all highly trained and maintain correct certifications to get the job done to the highest standard.
Several businesses have already contacted us to perform proactive cleanings of their office spaces, restaurants, theaters, and much more. The best part is that you do not need to vacate your home or business for an extended period of time. Unlike you would if you were to have a bug fogging service performed. Our cleaning products are Hospital grade, EPA registered and not harmful to you, your pets, or your customers once the cleaning has been performed. Meaning whether you are having a home or your restaurant cleaned, we can have you back in the structure and living your life quickly without having to worry about a place to stay, work, or harm to guests or pets.
As an industry leader, SERVPRO of Horry &Georgetown County has been performing services like these for years to proactively clean against everything from SARS, Swine flu, to the common cold! If you or someone you know is interested in having these services performed or obtaining an estimate for these services, please don’t hesitate to give us a call today!
Stay Safe. Stay Healthy.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Horry & Georgetown today at [843-236-6278] for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
Restoring Commercial Property After Mold Damage Myrtle Beach
Mold damage events in Myrtle Beach commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small mold cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Horry & Georgetown Co.
SERVPRO of Horry & Georgetown Co. specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a mold damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- HST - Health and safety Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- CMR - Council-certified Microbial Remediator
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
Exterior Painting Tips Myrtle Beach
4 Things to think about when painting the exterior of your commercial building in Myrtle Beach:
1. Check the forecast -
Paint needs time to dry for maximum effectiveness. Make sure you paint your exterior when it is not the rainy season. (Good luck finding a dry stretch to paint the exterior in Myrtle Beach)
2. Now is not the time to get cheap -
Some things you can get the cheaper brand with but exterior paint is not one of them. Trying to go cheap and save yourself money now will cost you more in having to redo the painting sooner than you needed to.
3. Scratch the surface -
Paint likes smooth surfaces so make sure you sand down or scrape any rough patches or chips in your building’s exterior.
4. Primetime -
The rule of thumb has always been to apply a good coat of primer, sand, then apply your color coats. You could also use the paint and primer in one, either way make sure you prime your building.
Exterior Painting takes lots of time and needs to be done right, call SERVPRO and save yourself the hassle. 843-236-6278
Professional Cleaning for your Myrtle Beach Business
When it comes to having your business office cleaned, do not trust the job to any old happy maid service.
Your commercial building and office space deserves the utmost care and respect possible. Your documents are vulnerable and you need peace of mind that the company picking up after your employees and deep cleaning every inch of your office space are going to do an amazing job.
The professional technicians at SERVPRO are certified and trained by the best in the business. They use top quality machines and equipment that is unparalleled in the cleaning industry. So have the men and women in green come take care of your workplace or commercial office building in Myrtle Beach and the surrounding areas.
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Horry and Georgetown Counties
We are Cleaning Experts
We are the cleaning experts
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Horry and Georgetown Counties
8 Tips on how to use a pressure washer
8 Tips on how to use a pressure washer:
- Choose a pressure washer that is best for the job. Different housing materials can withstand various water pressures.
- Protect your house's exterior fixtures, like lights, landscaping shrubs and plants, from harmful water pressure. Cover with drop cloths or plastic covering.
- Manually scrub any visible dirt and grime from the surface you are power washing with a brush.
- Mix the cleaning solution and fill the pressure washer's soap dispenser.
- Connect a hose hooked to your water supply to the pressure washer.
- Test how close you have to be to pressure wash a house by holding the pressure washer nozzle with both hands about 3 feet from the wall. Walk it in closer until you feel the spray is strong enough to remove dirt but not cause any damage.
- Start at the top of the house and move down just like when you paint.
- Rinse from the top down with plain water. Allow the house to dry at least 2 days before painting.
If this sounds like too much work just call SERVPRO, we will do it for you. 843-236-6278
Does and Don'ts for Pediatric Scolds
Scold damage from burns
Here are a few tips from the American Burn Association's website regarding Pediatric Scalds:
Set water heater temperature to no higher than 120°F/48°C, or just below the medium setting ?
Create a “no kid zone” in the kitchen around stoves, ovens and hot items ?
Keep hot drinks away from the edge of tables and counters ? Use a travel mug with a tight-fitting lid for all hot drinks ?
Place pots and pans on the back burner with handles turned away from the edge of the stove
Leave a child unattended in the bathtub; if you must leave, take the child(ren) with you ?
Allow young children to adjust the water temperature or sit near faucet handles ?
Set anything hot on tabletops within reach of young children who can pull them down ?
Allow appliance cords (slow-cookers, deep- fryers, coffeemakers) to dangle over the counter edge
If a burn injury does happen to you or your child …
1) Cool the burn with COOL (not cold) water to stop the burning process
2) Remove all clothing and/or diaper from the injured area
3) Cover the area with a clean dry sheet or bandages
4) Seek medical attention
If you have fire damage call the professionals at SERVPRO 843-236-6278.